You are now entering the Manulife Asset Management global website. The information in this global website is intended for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy any investment product/service or to provide any investment advice or service in any jurisdiction. The global website is not intended to target any specific investor type from any specific jurisdiction and as a result the products and/or services mentioned on the global website may not be suitable or even authorized for sale in your jurisdiction for investment. You are therefore advised to seek independent financial and legal advice as to whether such products and/or services are suitable and appropriate for you in your jurisdiction to invest in. Pleasecontact usif you would like further information or information on products and/or services available in regions not listed.
This portion of the website is operated by Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited (Manulife), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This section of the website is only directed at UK based intermediaries and is not suitable for individual investors. If you are an individual investor please leave this section of the website immediately. It is your responsibility to be aware of and to observe all applicable laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction.
Please read the following information and confirm that you agree to:
▪ theGeneral Terms and Conditions of Using this Website(collectively the Terms) and
▪ that you are based in the UK and are an investment professional and/or a high net worth business.
If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use this website. You are also directed to read theGlobal Legal terms and conditionsof use of this website (Global Terms), By accessing this website, you additionally agree to be bound by the Global Terms, which are deemed incorporated into these Terms. In the event of a conflict of ambiguity between these Terms and the Global Terms, these Terms shall prevail.
I confirm that I have read and accept these Terms and the Global Terms associated with using this website, and that I am based in the UK and am an institutional investor.
The following information is important and is for your protection. This website is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security that may be referenced on or through this website. Nor does this website constitute an offering or recommendation by Manulife or any of its affiliates described herein of any security, investment management service, or advisory service. No investment advice, tax advice, or legal advice is provided through this website, and you agree that this website will not be used by you for these purposes. No representation is given that the securities, products, or services discussed on, or accessible through, this website are suitable for any particular investor. You acknowledge that your use of this website and requests for information are unsolicited, and the provision of any information through this website shall not constitute or be considered investment advice.
This website should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity.
This website is operated by Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited. All of the information on this site is approved for publication by Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited, whose registered office is located at 1 London Wall, London EC2Y 5EA and which is registered in England and Wales, Company no. 02831891. Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with FCA registration number 165328.
Firstly it does so to direct users to the correct portion of the website, i.e., to the area most appropriate for their user needs, and/or to the correct language version of their site in the case of sites with multiple languages.
Secondly, cookies are used to gain basic information on users such as whether they are unique or regular users.
Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our website and compile a record of this usage information. This helps us to improve and develop the way our website works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our website then remembers the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
Advertising cookies allow us (or third parties) to monitor the behavior of users of our website. This information is used to ensure that products and services highlighted to those individuals are targeted in a focused and relevant manner which are based on your experience with our website; or to monitor the effectiveness of those digital marketing campaigns. We also monitor whether the adverts displayed on our website are of interest to users and retain this information to ensure that adverts seen by users of our website over a period of time are appropriate.
To restrict web browser cookies on your browser visit the help function or see useful information on
Here you can find information about what personal data we collect from you either via the website or other interactions with you, what we do with that information, who we may share it with and why, and your choices and rights when it comes to personal information you have given us.
As part of our general business activity, we may collect your name, work contact details and details of the position you hold in your professional capacity. We may also collect information about you or individuals you represent, e.g. directors, officers and other key management personnel.
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of logging interactions with clients and potential clients, consultants and other associated persons, and for relationship management and, in particular to:
▪ establish your identity and assess applications for our products and services;
▪ design and administer our products and services;
▪ manage our risks and help identify and investigate illegal activity, such as fraud;
▪ contact you, for example if we suspect suspicious activity on your account or need to tell you something important;
▪ conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
▪ comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
▪ identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
▪ Where you have explicitly consented to such use. You have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us via the details set out below.
▪ Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
▪ Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Those legitimate interests are as follows:
▪ In order to provide you with our services and products and seek payment for such services and products.
▪ To keep our records updated, to ascertain how our clients use our services and products and to develop our services and products.
▪ To administer and protect our business and our website, including our administration and IT services, network security and to prevent fraud.
▪ To develop our services and grow our business.
▪ Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Under certain circumstances, if you are an individual, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as set out below:
▪ Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a data subject access request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
▪ Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
▪ Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
▪ Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
▪ Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the datas accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
▪ Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
▪ Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above:
▪ Please contact us using the contact details set out below.
▪ You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
▪ We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
▪ We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will not share your personal data with any third party marketing agencies. We may share your information with other affiliated companies within the Manulife group of companies if we have a legitimate interest for doing so. We may also share your data with third parties where we have a legitimate interest or legal reason for doing so. These include:
▪ service providers, for example custodians, brokers, unit registry services or correspondent banks;
▪ those to whom we outsource certain functions, for example, direct marketing, statement production, information technology support;
▪ brokers, agents and advisers and persons acting on your behalf, for example a custodian or asset consultant;
▪ other financial institutions, for example so that we can process a claim for mistaken payment;
▪ government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
▪ entities established to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud.
Transfers of data to a country outside the European Economic Area (the EEA)
We may share your information with Manulife affiliated companies in non-EEA states. To the extent that your information is shared outside the EEA, we ensure that equivalent protections are in place by implementing at least one of the following safeguards:
▪ Your personal data will be transferred to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
▪ We may enter into a specific contract with the recipient of your personal data which has been approved by the European Commission which gives the personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
The main countries to which your information may be transferred are:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data can be obtained by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint against us. You may do so by contacting us using the details below.
Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 02831891 and whose registered office is 1 London Wall, London EC2Y 5EA is the Data Controller and is responsible for any data collected as a result of your use of this website.
Under GDPR, you have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data that is processed by us. You may also request a restriction to be made on processing of your personal data, object to its processing or request its transfer to another data controller.
Under GDPR, you have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. In the UK, the relevant data protection authority is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) ( We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us using the contact details below in the first instance. Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited is registered with the ICO.
You will not use the website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the website or interfere with any other partys use and/or enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website or any computer systems and networks connected to the website through hacking, password mining or any other means.
Some of the information and content on this website comes from third-party suppliers believed by Manulife to be reliable. However, the information and content on this website is not guaranteed by these sources, Manulife or any other person or entity and may not be complete. You assume complete responsibility for, and for all risk of loss resulting from, the downloading and/or using of, or referring to or relying on, any information or content on this website.
The distribution of information on the website may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain countries. This information is not intended for access or use by, any person or entity in any country other than the UK and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any restrictions which apply in the country in which they are located. If you are in any doubt as to whether this website can be lawfully used by you, please do not proceed further.
Manulife does not claim that any funds described herein or any products or services referenced on this website may be offered in any particular jurisdiction.
No. Nothing contained within this website should be construed as investment, insurance, securities, tax or legal advice, and you agree that this website will not be used by you for these purposes. The website does not contain any advice as to the value of securities or as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing, or selling securities or insurance products. Decisions based on information contained in this website are the sole responsibility of the user. The information contained in this website is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or any investment or insurance product or service.
The information and content on this site is not guaranteed by Manulife or any other person or entity and may not be complete, accurate or up to date. While Manulife uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is current, complete and accurate, it gives no guarantees that this is the case. Manulife accepts no responsibility for keeping the information in this site up to date or liability for any failure to do so, or for any inaccuracies in the information on this site.
The contents of this website, including all disclaimers and limitations, are subject to change by Manulife without notification. The information in this website may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. Manulife accepts no responsibility for keeping the information in this website up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
What are the general risk factors I should be aware of before accessing information on this website?
▪ Past performance is no guide to future returns. The price of units or shares and the income from them can fall as well as rise.
▪ Exchange rate fluctuations may affect the value of an investment and any income derived from it.
▪ Deductions for charges and expenses, particularly the initial charge, are not made uniformly throughout the life of an investment.
▪ There can be no guarantee that the tax position or proposed tax position prevailing at the time of an investment will not change.
▪ Dividends and capital gains on securities issued in the relevant funds may be subject to withholding taxes imposed by the countries in which each particular fund invests.
You must read the relevant offering document(s) and/or investment policy statement for any fund and strategy for all the relevant risk factors.You are responsible for ensuring that you are appropriately informed about any securities, taxation or other legislation or law.
You agree that your use of the website shall be on an as is basis, without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and is entirely at your own risk.
Manulife makes no representations, warranties or undertakings that this site, or the server that makes it available, will be free from defects, including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements. Manulife expressly excludes liability for any infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised access, intervention, alteration or use, fraud, theft, technical failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, or any event or occurrence beyond the control of Manulife, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness and integrity or proper conduct of any aspect of this site.
Limitations of liability Manulife (and its affiliates) make no warranty or representation that the website can be accessed at all times. To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, Manulife (and its affiliates) exclude any warranty, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any aspect of or information on or accessible via this site. The website may, without notice, be temporarily unavailable or restricted for administrative or other reasons.
You will indemnify Manulife Asset Management (Europe) Limited (including its parent companies, and affiliated or associated companies) and their officers, directors, employees and agents in respect of any third-party claim, including reasonable attorneys fees, for any injury, loss, damage or expense occasioned by or arising directly or indirectly from the operation, use or supply of information to a third party provided in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms.
While Manulife has taken all reasonable security precautions, the nature of communication by the internet and other electronic means is such that Manulife cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to you passing by such methods. If you transmit any communication through this website to Manulife directly or through any third-party internet or other service provider, you shall be responsible and liable for any omissions or failures that may be made while transmitting or receiving communications using this website.
You agree that neither Manulife, nor any officer, affiliate, manager, member, director, agent or employee of Manulife, or any Manulife affiliate, will be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, damages, expense, or costs resulting directly or indirectly from, or otherwise arising in connection with, the use or inability to use the website by you or any third party, including without limitation any of the following:
A. Reliance.Damages resulting from or arising from any reliance on the website or any content on the website, or the mistakes, omissions, interruptions, errors, defects, delays in operation, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, transmissions, eavesdropping by third parties, or any failure of performance of the website or any content.
B. Infringement, Etc.Any allegation, claim, suit, or other proceeding based upon a contention that the use of the website by any user or a third party infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, privacy, or other intellectual property rights or contractual rights of any third party.
C. Force Majeure.Any delay or failure of Manulife to perform due to government restriction, strikes, war, any natural disaster or any other condition beyond Manulifes control.
Manulife does not recommend or endorse and accept no responsibility for the content of any website not operated by Manulife which you may visit by following a link from this website. You acknowledge and agree that Manulife is not responsible for the availability of such third-party sites or resources, and do not endorse, approve, investigate or verify, and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further agree that Manulife shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on such external sites or resources. These links are provided as a convenience and solely for informational purposes. Manulife is not making any recommendation to invest in, purchase, or sell any securities or other products or services issued by the companies with the linked sites, nor has Manulife sought to verify or confirm the information contained in the linked sites. Accordingly, Manulife disclaims any responsibility for the linked sites.
No other website, without the prior written permission of Manulife, is authorized to link to any part of this website.
Manulife reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and/or the Global Terms at any time without notice to website users. Similarly, Manulife reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove the content of this website, including the country-specific sections, or to terminate the website in whole or in part. You must check these Terms and Global Terms periodically for changes. Any changes, modifications, or additions to, or deletions from these Terms or Global Terms shall be effective upon posting on this website. If you access this website, including the country-specific sections, after Manulife posts changes to the Terms or Global Terms, you further acknowledge the Terms or Global Terms as changed and agree to be bound by them.
Your use of this site is governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. In the event of a dispute or claim arising in relation to, out of, or in connection with these Terms, the information contained on this site, and any use that is made of that information, the Irish courts shall have jurisdiction, subject to Manulife still being entitled to institute proceedings in respect of the dispute before any other competent court.
Any waiver of any provision of these Terms must be in writing and signed by Manulife to be valid. A waiver of any provision hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of any other provision, or a continuing waiver of the same provision in the future. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be void or unenforceable for